Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Guiding Star 2018 #1: My Crystal Ball

Okay, let's get the Guiding Star plan going.

I've named the first exercise, My Crystal Ball, because you're going to peer into your future.

Materials: For this exercise, you will need something to write on or in. A journal, a computer, or scratch paper - doesn't matter. You are writing this for yourself. No one else will see it, unless you choose to show it to them.

Time: I recommend that you set a timer for 15 minutes. You probably won't be done in 15 minutes, but if that's all the time you've got, take it. If you've got more time, set the timer for 30 minutes.




My Crystal Ball Exercise

Pick a date 5 years in the future, like this – Tuesday, October 7, 2023. Don’t concern yourself with choosing an actual date, just choose a date 5 years in the future. Begin with this sentence:

Today is Tuesday, October 7, 2023.

Now fire up your dreams. Ponder these ideas and incorporate them if they work for you.

I live...describe the location – city? Town? Country? Rural? Urban? Describe your home. Is it an apartment? House? Condo? Do you own it? Was it given to you? Who lives there with you?

Today, I woke up and I....did you leave on a vacation? Did you go to your dream job? Are you taking care of your 3 children? Did you sit with your coffee for 30 minutes?

Today, I feel....describe your emotional state. Are you satisfied? Fulfilled? Ecstatic? Confident? Why?

Here's an example:

Today is Tuesday, November 12, 2023. I have just returned from 3 amazing months in Europe. Six galleries throughout Europe (Spain, Italy, Monte Carlo, France and Germany) held exhibits of my mixed media works. After 10 years of working on my art, I am now selling pieces and receiving rave reviews. Until 2 years ago, I never imagined this kind of success. The Chancellor of Germany came to the opening of my exhibit in Berlin! She was so much warmer than I expected.

My partner and I have decided to finally get married. Our relationship has been up and down and through so much turmoil, but we made a commitment to each other last year. Melissa and I really worked on better communication and being there for each other. She was completely supportive of my European work. It was great that she could take 2 weeks off and join me in Paris.

My daughter is 22 and almost done with college. Life took her on some rocky paths (which certainly contributed to my problems with Melissa), but she loves her biochemistry major and although I know nothing about the sciences, I am thrilled to see her thriving.

Get the idea?

You can also list or write phrases. Just get it out of your head and onto paper. There's no perfect, just you.

Let your Buddy know when you're done. Discussing or sharing this exercise is completely optional.



That light is for you

Congratulations on taking the first step on the path to your Guiding Star!

Alway remember:
Positive works
Keep it brief
Feeling stuck? Starting January 4, 2018, one-on-one assistance is available at the discounted rate of $30/hour. This offer expires on February 1, 2018. (Click here to schedule a session).

No comments:

Post a Comment