Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Do You Mind? I'm Having A Bad Day

I was intending to write a wonderfully positive post about the power of my intentions.

Then I had a bad day.

I didn't intend to have a bad day. But I am having a bad day. I've been in a bad mood all day and nothing will shake it. Believe me, I have tried all of my cures - positive thought, exercise, sticking to the good habits, talking it out with a friend. Nothing is lifting the badness.

There's no one event that caused the bad day. I'm just in a bad mood.

That said, while I was at the gym (which I so desperately wanted to skip), I realized my body was in a bad mood and my brain was in a bad mood, but my soul...well, my soul was doing just fine.

I also realized that a powerful intention (rise above the bad mood) was at work.

A powerful intention which gave me some bright spots in the day - like a nice dinner with Beloved (I made killer Mac and Cheese), a great rehearsal for my upcoming appearance at Darlington Arts Center, a good workout and a good ol' chat with a dear friend.

Take that, bad day.


No comments:

Post a Comment