Saturday, February 27, 2016

Random Acts of Creatavita

I've been pondering creative (of course) ways to say thank you to my subscribers.  Creatavita is such a better blog because of its subscribers.  How do I show my appreciation for you in a way that isn't what you'd expect from just any blog?

And, to be honest with you, I've been obsessing over ways to attract new subscribers.

I stopped obsessing and allowed the question to float around my life, my brain, my space.  As so often happens, the answer was presented to me.  While I was on a recent adventure in Guatemala, enjoying this:

Roadside stand on the way to Chichicastenango
Coffee, of course.
Good Morning, Guatemala!
At the same time, my East Coast subscribers were slogging through this:

Center City Philadelphia, January 23, 2016

And Random Acts of Creatavita was born.

That photo was taken by the recipient of the first Random Act of Creatavita, Ashley Kearns, as she slogged her way through a blizzard to start rehearsals for Zombies In LoveWhy Ashley?  Let's see -

- She embodies the qualities of a Creataviter including creativity, perseverance and grit.
- She communicates with Creatavita frequently through sharing of posts and comments to the blog.
- My gut told me it was the right choice.

The final reason?  The one that might get you a future Random Act of Creatavita?  The ONLY way to be considered for a Random Act of Creatavita?

She's a subscriber.

Earlier this week, I surprised Ashley with this pack of Creatavita, chosen to bring pleasure and creative inspiration to her life.

The very first Random Act of Creatavita pack!

Ashley's pack included coffee soap, pens and a worry doll magnet from Guatemala; a silk scarf from Cambodia and one of my favorite books, Manage Your Day-to-Day: Build Your Routine, Find Your Focus, and Sharpen Your Creative Mind (The 99U Book Series)


Because Ashley is creative, she came up with a marvelous idea:

Heidi-

THANK YOU so much for the random gift tag! It was so unexpected and therefore such an amazing surprise. I am also thrilled to have the opportunity to tag someone. I will be sure to share when I do it. When I tag the next artist I will have them include an email to you to share on the blog.

YOU ARE GREAT- keep spreading light!

Xo
A

That's right.  Ashley and I have started the next Internet craze.  I'll be sending out another Random Act of Creatavita (maybe from Florida where I'll soon be performing in Sister Act) AND Ashley will be choosing her own recipient of a Random Act.

Would you like to be surprised in the future with delights like silks from the Orient, treasures from the Equator, gifts from the Nile or resources to inspire your creative life?  If you're already a subscriber, sit back and relax.  Oh, you could share posts or comment directly to the blog (NOT Facebook, NOT Twitter).  I'll see you more frequently and that will certainly help.  If you're currently NOT a subscriber, sign up today!  Like everything else on the Internet, it is free and only brings you pleasure.

If you're on a computer, scroll up to the top of the right-hand column and enter your email address.  You will have to confirm (or verify) your subscription.  There's a handful of you that have not verified, so you're not eligible.  You might want to fix that.

If you're on a mobile device, scroll down to the bottom of this post and click on view web version.  I know it's an extra couple of steps, but I guarantee your efforts will be rewarded.

There's a Random Act of Creatavita floating out there...maybe for you!

3 comments:

  1. Excellent pictures and congrats to the BIG WINNER! Very cool indeed! Great idea and I'm proud to be a Creataviter. Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cynthia! You are one of the finest Creataviters I know. Wonder when you'll win?!?!?

      Delete
  2. Hello I think your efforts to offer us this article deserve more than mere thanks or verbose appreciation.

    basketjordanofferta

    ReplyDelete