Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Best Use


Bhutanese prayer bells

It's been abundant here at Creatavita all year, and these final weeks are no exception. This Thursday, I'll finally be performing Navigating The Middle, a cabaret/one-woman show/TED Talk with music/obviously I don't know what category this piece fits yet as part of the Neumann University Cultural Arts Forum. I'm also in rehearsals for Lend Me A Tenor with Resident Theatre Company (West Chester, PA). Full disclosure: I'm an understudy, and I've got more to say about that in the future, but this show is a riot. If you're in the Philadelphia area, I highly recommend it. Great cast and crew!

All of this activity means a full calendar. All of this activity means not everything gets done. All of this activity means I frequently ask myself this question:

What is the best use of the next 10 minutes of my life?

This question has encouraged me to reflect on what really matters, not on what my monkey brain tells me matters. Do I really need to answer that email right now? Do I really need to wash those dishes right now? What about exercising? What about meditation? What about breathing? What about passionate practicing?

Anybody else?


Bhutanese Festival



1 comment:

  1. Wishing you and Richard Happiest Holidays, Heidi!! Your posts are always so inspiring and so appreciated!!

    ReplyDelete