Monday, October 24, 2016

Nice People


While waiting to see the dentist last week, I read this Wall Street Journal op ed piece.

I'm not crazy about my dentist.  She's a good dentist, but she's not what I would call warm.  There have been appointments when I have allowed her severe attitude to bring out my lesser angels.

Moss-covered log at the University of Wisconsin Arboretum.
I had a fabulous walk there today!

This appointment was different.  After reading this piece, I decided to be nice.  Nicer than I usually am.

Of course the mood of the appointment was better.  Of course I left feeling good.  Of course the rest of the day was lighter.

Here's hoping the same happens for you.

Curtis Prairie, the world's oldest restored prairie,
also at the University of Wisconsin Arboretum.
Glorious.

No comments:

Post a Comment