Saturday, January 28, 2017

Guiding Star Week #4: Touchstones

Creataviters,

I am off on another adventure, but through the power of the Internet (and my own will power), I was able to get this post ready for you before I left.

No, I'm not here.

Let's talk about your Touchstones.  These little phrases can be incredibly potent, IF you allow them to infiltrate your life.

These are my 2017 Touchstones:

- Persisting brings joy

- Create to feel great

- Listen

It's the last one I want you to know about right now.  One word.  Simple, yet powerful.  Right?

Here's the conversation between my Buddy and me from my original Plan.  She's blue, I'm red and she's italics.

3. Listen Just curious. To others? To yourself? Or both? Everything.  Everyone.  Myself. I am often crafting my response as others are talking to me.  I’m often judging people mentally and not hearing them where they are. Then there’s the whole divide in the country.  While I’m still not ready to listen to Trump and his supporters, this reminds me to make an attempt. Good! Isn't it interesting how one word can contain so much?

And my husband. And my colleagues. And my friends. And my students. This year, thanks to Guiding Star, I'm already on my way to being a better listener.

Okay, 2 final things to tell you.

#1 - I'm leaving you alone with your Guiding Star Plans for a month. No worries, I'll still be blogging about other creative needs and desires.

#2 - The clock is ticking down on the super-duper discount!  One-on-one assistance is available at the discounted rate of $30/hour through February 1, 2017 (Click here to schedule a session).


Remember:
Positive works
Keep it brief
Feeling stuck? One more week of discount remains!  One-on-one assistance is available at the discounted rate of $30/hour through February 1, 2017 (Click here to schedule a session).

I'm not here either.

No comments:

Post a Comment