Monday, January 8, 2018

Guiding Star Week #1: How We Doin'?



I love this time of year. I love the possibilities that fill my soul with hope as well as the fresh energy surrounding me, as I talk to others about their dreams, their goals, their intentions for 2018.  If you're giving Guiding Star a try, you really know what I'm talking about.

Let's turn to our Guiding Star plans. As I promised, I'm not going to get you started and then turn you out into your cold, cruel lives all alone.  I'll be checking in frequently for the first 2 months, standing next to you and, hopefully, providing insight and motivation.

You've got one simple task this week.  If you did Guiding Star last year, it's the same simple task. You ready?

Spend 15 minutes with your plan.

That's it.  Take 15 minutes to read and ponder your plan.

Some questions to fire your pondering.

- Any events this past week that felt different because of your plan?

- How's it going as you incorporate the Slogan and Touchstones into your life?

I know. Me too. It's a challenge. When I first incorporated these phrases into my life, it felt downright hokey.  But I kept doing the work, mainly because my Buddy was so insistent at the changes she had experienced.  Sometimes, it still feels hokey to me.  Not as much as it used to.  Plus, I've had some mind-blowing experiences where I felt the slogan or touchstones working, like this and this.  That was enough to convince me to work through the hokey times.

By the way, I am recycling my 2017 Slogan, which is:

Embrace magnificent abundance and navigate gracefully.

I know you might not believe me, but I have trouble accepting the abundance of my life. Even after twelve months with this Slogan. So I'm keeping it and seeing where it guides me in 2018.

Back to questions to ponder this week:

- Any events coming in the next week which could use a different mental approach?  Can Guiding Star help?

- Can you begin working on one goal?  

Even working on a task for 10 minutes will feel good.  Taking one step is better than none.

Bonus: If you want to spend more time with your plan this week, take the time to write a brief "report".  Did you start on a goal?  Did you notice an attitude change?  Did you get frustrated?  Having these reports (which we'll all be doing on a monthly basis) to look back on as the year progresses are fantastic. You'll see progress when you thought nothing was happening, which will make your motivation zoom.

Always remember:
Positive works
Keep it brief
Feeling stuck? Starting January 4, 2018, one-on-one assistance is available at the discounted rate of $30/hour. This offer expires on February 1, 2018. (Click here to schedule a session).




Sunrise on Mt. Sinai

No comments:

Post a Comment